We are Open – Covid19 Patient Safety Guide
Please call us first on 0208 300 6363 or email us here to schedule a time for a virtual video consultation/chat with Dr Almasi. This will be undertaken after discussing your concerns with us on the phone.
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health.
You may have heard that dental practices can open to routine care from Monday 8 June.
Our practice will be opening on Monday 8 June but we just wanted to be clear that this may not be business as usual. The treatments you are offered may be different to those you received before.depending on staff and equipment available. It will take some time before services return to what you previously experienced as normal. Please be patient
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our surgery.
Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe. Our practice follows infection control guidelines made by the governing bodies. We are up-to-date on new guidance that has been issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to recommendations. You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- Our practice will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again at your appointment
- We have hand sanitiser that we will ask you to use when you enter the practice. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the practice for you to use as needed.
- We no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer
1. DENTAL PRACTICE RECEPTION DESK SAFETY
Our Reception will be fitted with a safety-screen and only one member of our staff will be in reception at any one time.
Our staff will communicate with you before your appointment and visit to ask you some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office. We may also ask you to fill-in a medical history form prior to attending if you are a new patient. We will advise on this.
Download Patient Screening & Medical History Forms>